这是本年度的第一场满员比赛， 共有144名球员参赛。 中国的也在参赛之列。 这次比赛有22名新手是第一次参加 。
澳大利亚的Robert Allenby 领先了2天， 第3天36洞比赛中， 失去了领先地位。 最后美国36岁的Mark Wilson 以2杆优势夺冠， 获得他的第3个冠军。
梁文冲以-4的成绩并列第32名， 成功晋级。 周日将两天的比赛合为一天， 是36洞的比赛， 决出冠军。
第一天，周四的比赛可能有雨, 比赛推迟， 周五开球。
|Course Superintendent||Dave Nakama|
|Original architect||Seth Raynor and Charles Banks (1927)|
|Redesign||Desmond Muirhead (1992)|
|Number of TOUR events as host venue||47 (including 2011)|
|Course ranking||Ranked 21 (out of 52) in difficulty on the PGA TOUR in 2010|
|Yardage history||7,234 yards (1965-1984)|
|Grass||Bermudagrass (tees, fairways, rough, greens)|
|Tournament Stimpmeter||11 ft|
The Golf Course was opened for play on February 1, 1927.
The Royal Hawaiian Hotel and Waialae Golf Course were built by the Territorial Hotel Co. as part of a promotional program to develop luxury travel trade to Hawaii. Matson Navigation Co. built the luxury passenger liner Malolo as part of this program. The hotel and golf course lands were leased from the Bernice P. Bishop Estate.
Mr. Seth Raynor, world famous golf architect, and his associate, Mr. Charles Banks, designed and supervised the building of Waialae. Their outstanding work is reflected on many of our holes.
Local players were able to use the course, and by payment of annual fees for play became “privilege card holders” in the Territorial Hotel Company’s Waialae Golf Club. In 1930, a group of these Waialae players formed a private club within the Waialae Golf Club which they called Waialae Country Club. Waialae Country Club dates from September 29, 1930 when this group was formally organized and By-Laws were adopted. It enlarged a small service building close to the main clubhouse, installed showers, and had its own clubhouse where the swimming pool is now.
The great depression of the 1930s severely reduced travel and resulted in bankruptcy of the Territorial Hotel Co. Matson took over the obligations and interests of the Territorial Hotel Co. which included the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, the Moana Hotel, and Waialae golf Club. During these years play on the course was mainly by local privilege card holders, most of whom were members of Waialae Country Club.
In August of 1941, fire destroyed the Waialae Pavilion which was used by Waialae Golf Club for dining and dancing, and Matson decided to turn the golf course and remaining buildings over to Waialae Country Club. Before this plan was consummated, the United States had entered World War II, the military had requisitioned the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, and numerous military defenses had been installed along Oahu’s coastline including the golf course at Waialae.
Waialae Country Club was incorporated on September 30, 1942 and became lessee of the golf course acreage and a small section of land owned by Matson on which the old Isenberg home (later The Pavilion) had been located. The military built a replacement for the Pavilion because of the heavy use of the course by military personnel during the war. — Source: http://www.waialaecc.com